Friday, September 18, 2009

Life, its meaning, and happiness

Anticipating college has been really a tough process for me. Firstly, i have ALOT of time on my hands to kill. And secondly, with so much free time to spare, i have unintentionally given myself so much more time to think about life. Well, i know what many of you might think, "Jon, thinking about LIFE??? You got to be kiddin' me" Well, guess what... I'm not. But seriously though, I think of life and I think of how short it is, and yet ironically, how we always take our time HERE, on earth for granted. Relationships, education, and entertainment might make my life a hell of ride... but would it give meaning... I guess underneath all the blabber above, I feel like the only thing that can give me meaning in life is 'my purpose in life'... and GOD of course...

I think that religion is the only thing that keeps us humans from becoming insane. Don't get me wrong, religion has certainly caused some ups and downs in MY life... but it certainly has brought me stabilty... Anyways.. back to my purpose in life... (damn.. almost went into one of those religious sermons with all the holy jargon) I believe that NO one can know their purpose in life. Its just impossible...Forget what you see in the movies... forget what you have seen from your favourite soap opera.. forget what you hear on your favourite songs

Theres no way a person can say that he wants to become a doctor, or a basketball player, just because at ONE definitive moment, he discovers that it is his calling in life. Believe me when I say that not many people can tell if something is their calling in life, even after their coffin is closed, and dirt is poured onto it.

So, after thinking about it, I realised that I am where I started. Confused. But i guess, my advice would be live your life to the fullest, live your life so that you might not have any regrets, and then you will ultimately live your life as if you were a 5 year old kid in Disneyland, happy. I think basically, a life spent with good people will definitely be a good one, regardless of the circumstances.

Anyways, i'll leave you with the quote of the day,

Happiness should not be an ingredient in your life to make it complete and pure. Instead, happiness should be a RESULT of you leading a complete and pure life.

(a pastor in my church, whom i have forgotten, said it)

God
Family
Friends
Music

till next time... ciaozzz

No comments:

Post a Comment